Open Racer Media
This section contains various media related information and stuff.
Gregory Brubaker has prepared a detailed description of the current Open Racer map format.
An environment consists of three main parts; settings, textures, and environment maps. The settings contains various properties of the environment, such as name, description, icon,
lighting condition, and possibly other special effects such as snow.
- Name of environment
- Short description of environment
- Icon or picture representing the environment (size?)
- Terrain types in the environment
- Texture(s) that each terrain type uses
- What friction it has
- Sound caused by each terrain type
- Info on the particles lifted into the air when moving over the terrain.
- Environment map to use
- Possible special conditions in this environment (should each special condition have the possibility to redefine some/all parameters? Wouldn't they be separate environments then?)
- Music files used in this environment?
- Other stuff?
Some textures by zzorn can be found on Purple. There are also textures in the media tgz file.
Environment maps by zzorn can also be found on Purple.
- zzorn 2001-08-25